PR&Communication Manager ADNBA
Fragments and places-working in Bucharest
Fragments and places is a presentation about working and building in Bucharest. Our selection of projects presents our strive for a wider and wiser understanding of the city and its evolution, this being also the essential background for our thoughts, hopes and doubts. But upon this background, the specific situation for each project and place is developed in a personal way of dealing with the space and the facade.
Arch. Ana Stefanescu is a graduate of “Ion Mincu“ University of Architecture and Urbanism in Bucharest who is curently working as an Architect and PR&Communication Manager ADNBA.
ADNBA was established in 2003 in Bucharest, by Andrei Șerbescu and Adrian Untaru, later joined by Bogdan Brădățeanu. The work of our practice is characterised by our attempt to search for the right balance between experiment and experience in the complex and delicate landscape of contemporary life.
While we believe in architecture as a creative gesture, with cultural value and social responsibility, we also acknowledge the sometimes hazardous, and always subjective distinction between such attributes, in a rapidly changing environment as nowadays Romania.
AWARDS OF THE OFFICE: (*a selection of the most recent international/national awards):
– 2017, Prize of the Bucharest Architecture Annual
– 2016, Prize of the Romanian Building Awards
– 2016, Prize of the East Centric Architecture Triennale Award
– 2015, Milan Zlokovic Award for best architectural achievement in the Balkan Region
– 2015, Shortlisted at the European Prize for Contemporary Architecture Mies van der Rohe Awards
(nominee of the Mies van der Rohe Award for five times)
– 2014, Prize of the Romanian National Architecture Biennale
– 2014, Prize of the Bucharest Architecture Annual
– 2014, Finalist at the World of Architecture Festival Awards
– 2010, Prize of the Timisoara Architecture Annual